- Get a copy of the OS of your wish and store the image on your hard disk.
- Use Alcohol (preferred by me) or Daemon tools which gives a virtual DVD drive.
- Mount the OS image on to the virtual disk.
- From the autoplay select “run setup.exe”
- From the setup menu click “Install Now”
- Setup starts.
- Select the Updates option as per your interest and press next.
- Accept the license agreement and press next.
- Click on Custom (advanced).
Since we would install the OS on same local disk containing previous OS make sure that the disk contains a free disk space of 15GB. This can be done by backing up your documents and files from C: drive and delete them.
Select the OK option from message window. Which says that your old OS files will be saved in a folder.
Copying of files starts.
After copying of files Expansion of files starts.
As the expansion of files come to 20% the computer automatically restarts.
Once restarted the OS selection menu is shown automatically. Select WINDOWS SETUP from the menu.
The expansions continues. And the OS is completely installed.
The system again restarts and it is finally done.
Once new OS starts go to C: drive and delete the folder ” Windows Old”