1. Open a blank Notepad file.
2. Write .LOG and not .log (case sensitive) as the first line of the file, followed by a enter. Save the file and close it.
3. Double-click the file to open it and notice that Notepad appends the current date and time to the end of the file and place the cursor on the line after.
4. Now type your notes, save and close the file.
5. Now place the cursor on the line after and type your notes. Each time you enter your notes, the time and date gets attached to the notes. Thus your Personal diary is ready to use now !